How many of us know that allergies are linked to severe illnesses including neuropsychiatric conditions? Approximately 50 percent of children with ADHD have been shown to have allergies. Allergic rhinitis (nasal drip) has been linked to mood disorders, anxiety, suicidal ideation, eating disorders, and schizophrenia. Sinusitis, with its associated headaches and brain fog, increases the risk of developing anxiety and depression, even possibly Alzheimer’s.
Changes in brain function related to sinusitis have been demonstrated, with decreased activity in brain regions linked to executive function and focus. The most likely cause is neuroinflammation. While this is not surprising, once you consider the close anatomical relationship between the nasopharynx, sinuses, and brain, I am sure that most seasonal allergy sufferers have never linked their depression or anxiety to “that nasty yellow stuff” floating in the air even in the pristine Sonoran desert.
Treatments consist of clean air, nasal hygiene, and antihistaminergic supplements similar to mast cell supplements – all of which are familiar to CIRS patients.
Come listen to me and other brilliant doctors discussing allergies at the Allergies and Asthma Summit this March. Dr. Kelly McCann, who hosted the extraordinary MCAS Summit that many are still talking about, will host this summit alongside Dr. Darin Ingels.
Also, the Toxic Mold Masterclass is having a replay at the end of February. We have received a lot of good feedback about this summit from both new and experienced CIRS warriors.
Join me for the upcoming Allergies and Asthma Summit from March 13th – 19th!
Throughout the summit you will learn:
- Natural ways to control & overcome allergies & asthma
- Tips to prevent asthma & allergy flare-ups
- Difference between food allergies & sensitivities
- How allergies impact your gut, brain & immunity
- Root cause approaches to hypersensitivity & intolerance
- Immunotherapies & how they can restore tolerance
In my interview, I will be covering:
- Medical literature review: correlation between allergies ADHD, autism and more
- Strategies for reducing food reactions and managing sinus symptoms
- Deep dive into novel supplement treatments
The summit is free and full of great information. If you or a loved one struggles with allergies or asthma, or if you simply want to learn more, you can click here to register.
The popular Toxic Mold Masterclass will return from February 27th – March 5th. This event will help you identify toxic mold exposure and address the health impacts it can have on your physical and mental health.
The Masterclass will cover:
- Food vs. building & environmental exposures
- Considerations for water & air quality
- Tests for mycotoxins & systemic health
- How antioxidants battle toxins
- Tips for calming the top 10 mold symptoms
- Link between mycotoxins, dysbiosis & leaky gut
- How to read labels & make better food choices
- And so much more!
You’ll learn strategies for effective detoxification, supplement options, dietary modifications, techniques to improve your emotional health and how to create and maintain a healthy home environment.
On Tuesday the 28th, I’ll be addressing what information MRI NeuroQuant analysis offers for mold exposure and methods of restoring brain function after mold exposure, including restoring a sense of safety to the limbic system. Join us for free by clicking here to register.